Lightly mention you want to get healthy and you will receive about a dozen recommendations for a shake. Seriously, I’ve lost count. I do find value in my protein shake and juicing. While it is helpful, it does not need to be a constant in your wellness routine. I buy and switch around to see what is out there. I don’t sell and warning: I never want too. Don’t even try. Honestly, there are some aggressive shake fans out there. That said, the following is pure sharing info for you to factor when deciding what works best in your health routine.
The first issue I want to address is the “fans of whatever shake you’re on.” Love it and share it while respecting people’s space and “no.” Can your shakes or juices do wonderful things? Absolutely! I have my favs and love the boosts with ease I get. It’s irritating when constantly having products being shoved in my face the moment I mention anything health nut related. So. Annoying. I once went to a business womens meeting, started talking to a health coach and immediately had an clear MLM product shoved in my face. I wanted to know more about what she did. So health professionals and healers, put you and your services out first. If it comes up you have this amazing product then share. You have so much to offer and your shake/juice is part.
The non-protein-nutrition-greens-shake-juice people, let me tell you. You may want to adopt a shake in your food relationship. There is a reason why we are so passionate about our routines. If we get out of hand, forgive us and a firm “chill” may be warranted. Next time you hear about someone’s shake/juice routine or see one on the shelf, consider this:
- This can be an expensive habit to adopt. There is this misconception that health food cost more. It’s not true. However, your shake or diet enhancements should not put you into debt. Look around every where, especially places that offer no condition refunds cause this next reason…
- There are protein shakes and juice options that do taste good. Yet, too many taste buds have been harmed in the making of this habit. I tried, I mean TRIED, to go vegan protein shake. I can still taste the ground up ancient clay pots. Seriously, five different brands. If you have one please don’t share with me as I’m still scarred, but comment for someone’s benefit. Ask for recommendations and do not be afraid to return it back.
- Food relationship
- Shakes and juicing is hard to sustain on, especially if you are switching from a high processed or high calorie diet. Even now, it’s a snack or part of a meal. AM is juice a veggie/protein for me. Sweet potato toast with Nutella is pretty freaking awesome. Well anything with Nutella is. My PM is a protein shake with fruit or veggie snack. Just caution if you are told it’s filling. It’s all on perspective and where you are in your food relationship journey.
- Physical cautions
- If you have medical conditions, check with your doc before trying anything. High protein can clog up your adrenal system, possibly creating kidney stones. Too much meat or whey protein is not a good thing for anyone. Keep it all in balance.
The Why to Your Yes
- Most protein shakes are known for, well, protein. They offer much more and many now carry a lot of other amazing nutritional punches. Juicing and its additions do the same. Shakes and juicing is an excellent way to get a TON of power in your food relationship in one cup. My protein is the brain and muscle boost I desperately need. While an occasional habit, I am on a new juicing habit to liver cleanse. Another benefit is adding a greens mix, especially if veggies are a struggle for you.
- Shakes and nutritional juices make attaining nutritional goals easy and great to have on hand when out an about. I always have a leak proof bottle and some powder in case. I need my food.
- Recipe enhancement
- Many powders go well with various recipes and enhance its nutritional value. Waffles, pancakes, muffins, protein balls, oatmeal, and more. It makes more out of that food encounter.
- Physical benefits
- More than likely, the American diet does not reach enough appropriate protein or nutriition. Shakes and Juicing packs more vitamins and more your body needs to be optimal. Its more than waist line. Much of what we eat impacts brain, nerves, mood ability, and more.
Shakes and juices are versatile and customizable. It takes a quick Pinterest or Social Media recommendation for tons of ideas. Chocolate protein mix + almond milk = Nutella Love. Yes I have a theme. There are so many ways you can utilize this wellness tool and it not kill the joy of your food relationship. Power the optimal you within your reason.
Namaste & Love