I have food infatuations. There are several items that are my staples, several in rotation, and an obsession of the moment. Egg plants and sweet potatoes have been it. At some point our relationship will cool a little and they will become part of the fridge stock.
Except salsa. We are always hot for each other. I love the substance of the sweet potato and avocado to fuel with the lightness of egg white and salsa. It comes with a variety of nutrition which goes beyond the fuel. Antioxidants, vitamins, minerals are a few things that fight disease, enhance bodily functions, and reduce aging. It is gluten free with “make it gluten options.” An incredible balance to get us going.
A. M. Sweet Potato Gnocchi
- 2 sweet potatoes cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup of flour
- Mash sweet potatoes and flour together- start boiling water
- Spread out on a flour surface and shape a square
- Cut into 1 inch squares
- Place a few squares in boiled water- wait for it to float then let it ride the waves for about a min
- Pull out and let cool
- Continue for the rest of the squares
In picture it is topped with egg white, avocado, and pico. Walnuts and raw honey would be a great option for a sweet tooth and omega brain boost. Some whole fruit with yogurt or kefir is great. Tomatoes, oregano, chopped garlic, and chopped spinach are an amazing combo too.
Simple Pico de Gallo
- One medium onion
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1 lemon or lime
- 1 table spoon of cilantro
- Sea salt
- 1 jalapeño dice
- Dice tomato and onion and jalapeño then mix
- Squeeze in lemon or lime on mixture
- Stir in cilantro with add salt to taste
This is food satisfaction from the start that doesn’t have to be overly complicated. The gnocchi recipe can be halved for a smaller amount or the full recipe offers leftovers for the next day.
Namaste and Start Your Day
Want more ways to improve your food relationship? Subscribe then it comes to you plus other ways to live an exceptional life.
No Spam and Minimal Email Drops Promise