- Eat this: Herbs and Food for Stomach UpsetI am not giving a medical diagnosis or cure. However, as a certified holistic nutritionist with allergies and IBD, this is a particular passion- healing and food for my fabulously complex belly. I love to leverage my food relationship to support healing in my gut. However, herbs and food for stomach upset is not aContinue reading “Eat this: Herbs and Food for Stomach Upset”
- Do This: Detox for the BrainHealth nuts like to talk about detox. A lot. Honestly, I feel like it’s an overused term but it’s most certainly not an overused practice. We need to detox and our bodies are constantly doing it. Sometimes we need to cleanse too. However, let’s be sure to understand the differences between cleanse vs detox. TheyContinue reading “Do This: Detox for the Brain”
- Eat This: A Foodie Coming to a Loving Place with Her Plate.I am a girl who loves to eat. Protein shakes or juices are great for on the fly nutrition or just when I know I can’t eat enough of it. However, I want real food. Like sink your teeth in and enjoy chewing it. Not a chore on a plate. For so long I eitherContinue reading “Eat This: A Foodie Coming to a Loving Place with Her Plate.”
- Set 5 Boundaries in Your Food RelationshipWe are in a relationship with everything we encounter from ourselves to people to environments, and most definitely what’s on our plates. Our food relationships impacts us more than we often think. A holistic understanding of food relationships looks at more than nutrients, fuel, and intake vs calorie burning. Your food relationship feeds memories, emotions,Continue reading “Set 5 Boundaries in Your Food Relationship”
- Holistic & Wellness Elitism: What You Must KnowStarting off, I love being in the constant practice of holistic healing. This is by no means a caution sign to turn the other way from wellness or holistic practices. However, after years I’ve come to the basis of notjusthealthnuts- there are core truths in wellness practices that are often over shadowed by myths, lies,Continue reading “Holistic & Wellness Elitism: What You Must Know”
- Eat This: Detox HerbsIf you’re anything like me or much of social media posts, you’re ready to rid yourself of a challenging year. You may be thinking it’s time for a cleanse. Cleanses are useful when toxins are truly high and there’s an immediate need to force them out. Detoxes are beneficial and necessary in your food relationship.Continue reading “Eat This: Detox Herbs”
Hi, I’m JRiley. I am lifelong food unicorn and chronic illness champion. Notjusthealthnuts was created to address diet culture, health culture versus the reality of food allergies and chronic illness. Being well isn’t an image. It’s not just for health nuts either. Join me in finding your best state of being.
Find the Blog For You
Vegetarian email- no spam.
Don’t get spammed and say yes to you!