- Eat This: Behind the Scenes Thanksgiving SpicesIn each bite, these unsung heroes make your Thanksgiving tasty. I’m talking the spicier side of your Thanksgiving- those herbs and spices that make your dishes complete. A second part to our nutritional Thanksgiving series, part one tackles the main players, now we lift up the smaller and often unseen participants. Herbs and Spices areContinue reading “Eat This: Behind the Scenes Thanksgiving Spices”
- Eat this: The Surprising Nutrition Behind Thanksgiving FoodSomewhere a nutrition cringed at this title. Maybe it’s the excess of portion sizes. Possibly, something being deep fried. The sugar. All the glorious sugar. A one day a year event brings terror to the ultra health conscious. It shouldn’t. This holiday- whether based on myth, actual accounts, or change of season- it stands stillContinue reading “Eat this: The Surprising Nutrition Behind Thanksgiving Food”
- Eat This: Flavonoids and IsoflavonesEat your fruits and veggies are more than just a means to get dessert. So much happens when you sit down with a plate of food. You’re developing a relationship for enjoyment (yes you should enjoy your food) and for you health. Plant based foods provide many nutrients including phytochemicals (phyto means plant based) whichContinue reading “Eat This: Flavonoids and Isoflavones”
- Food Allergy Thanksgiving: Remove the ComplicationsDiscover powerful tools to bring peace to a foodie with allergy Thanksgiving.
- How Food Allergies Impact Your ‘Weight’Could your reaction to food be why you’re gaining weight?
- Eat This: Essential Amino AcidsTake a quick walk down any aisle with protein powders and shakes. I dare you to walk into a fitness or “health food” store. You will find something with amino acids labeled on it. More than a bench pressing body builder trend, amino acids are an essential part of your food relationship. But you don’tContinue reading “Eat This: Essential Amino Acids”
Hi, I’m JRiley. I am lifelong food unicorn and chronic illness champion. Notjusthealthnuts was created to address diet culture, health culture versus the reality of food allergies and chronic illness. Being well isn’t an image or a shake. It’s not just for health nuts either.
Vegetarian email- no spam.
Don’t get spammed and say yes to you! Just click Yes!