- Eat This: Essential Amino AcidsTake a quick walk down any aisle with protein powders and shakes. I dare you to walk into a fitness or “health food” store. You will find something with amino acids labeled on it. More than a bench pressing body builder trend, amino acids are an essential part of your food relationship. But you don’tContinue reading “Eat This: Essential Amino Acids”
- Food Allergy: Terms on Food LabelsThis is a skill that was the hardest to learn. I didn’t have resources or even knew where to go. Yet, knowing terms of food labels for food allergy is crucial for survival. Some years label of food street learning, discovering FARE (food allergy research and education), and connecting with others- we almost have aContinue reading “Food Allergy: Terms on Food Labels”
- Eat This: Fall Foods with LuteinLutein should be eaten anytime during the year. But my chilly, sweater obsessed self couldn’t even. It’s fall, my favorite food relationship season of the year. I mean I’m love fall everything and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Most fall foods help keep you rooted and are rich in nutrients. Plus, it’s loaded with lutein.Continue reading “Eat This: Fall Foods with Lutein”
- 5 Non Food Habits You Need to Reduce Autoimmune ResponsesHolistic health has a mystique and myth surround it. Energy healers with yoga mats might come to mind. Not everyone is dedicated yogi or have a worn out meditation bolster; however, one thing most holistic health practitioners have in common is the understanding of whole and health. We understand how symptoms are more than justContinue reading “5 Non Food Habits You Need to Reduce Autoimmune Responses”
- Common Food Allergy ResponsesI have been reacting to my life my whole life. From cleaners to cosmetics to food to nature. It’s been a growing list of assaults on my immune system. Had I know that some of these responses were allergy response or possible ones, maybe my life would be different. My best example is meat. ByContinue reading “Common Food Allergy Responses”
- 8 Vegetarian Protein Sources That Could Work for Food AllergiesAs as foodie with allergy finding sources of protein can be difficult. Two of my allergies are animal based which limits the traditional protein source. Some of the top protein eaten are common allergens: peanuts, soy, eggs, shellfish, dairy, tree nut, fish, sesame seeds. Animal based proteins are not your only option. Vegetarian protein sourcesContinue reading “8 Vegetarian Protein Sources That Could Work for Food Allergies”
Hi, I’m JRiley. I am lifelong food unicorn and chronic illness champion. Notjusthealthnuts was created to address diet culture, health culture versus the reality of food allergies and chronic illness. Being well isn’t an image or a shake. It’s not just for health nuts either.
Vegetarian email- no spam.
Don’t get spammed and say yes to you! Just click Yes!